In order to provide a safe and positive Rugby experience in the best spirit of sportsmanship and fair play, this Code of Conduct (hereafter referred to as the Code) for all clubs and club administrators is hereby enacted. It is the responsibility of every team leader (coach, president, captain, etc.) to be familiar with this code, and to circulate or otherwise make known its contents to all players and administrators within the club/team. By virtue of participating in Alaska Rugby programs and competitions, it is assumed that each club is familiar with this Code.
Code of Conduct for Alaska Rugby Clubs, Coaches and Club Administrators
I pledge that I will administer our club according to the following expectations:
- I recognize the physical and emotional status of Alaska Rugby players and pledge to conduct all club activities in a manner to promote only positive development of these domains within each player.
- I pledge to ensure, through instructions and personal behavior, that all club players and administrators treat all teammates, coaches, opponents and match officials with respect at all times and in all interactions. Specifically, I will not allow club members to insult, degrade or taunt opponents, question, or argue with match officials’ decisions.
- I pledge to ensure that the players are coached to play the game according to the Laws of the game and to actively discourage illegal and dangerous tactics and actions. Specifically, I will take remedial action with players who have a demonstrated history of punching, kicking, fighting, dangerous tackling or use of foul language. Further, I will positively represent all decisions of Alaska Rugby and its Competitions Committee to all club members and their friends/family members.
- I pledge to discourage the use of any performance enhancing drug or chemical agent.
- I pledge to conduct Club activities in a manner consistent with any affiliated organization’s (i.e. school or park district) behavior/attendance/academic rules and regulations. If our club is not affiliated with any specific school, I pledge to follow said regulations from the school, which the majority of club players attend. Specifically, our Club leadership will state to participating families that rugby activities are deemed secondary to each player’s academic responsibilities.
- I pledge to ensure, that through counsel and personal actions, all club players and administrators will treat others when in public or traveling as a team with respect at all times and with all interactions. Specifically, I will not allow club members to insult, degrade or taunt anyone in a manner that is contrary to the spirit of Rugby. Furthermore, I will positively represent all decisions of Alaska Rugby and its Competitions Committee to all club members and their friends/family.
- I pledge to conduct Club activities according to all Alaska Rugby and USA Rugby regulations. Specifically, the Club will ensure that all players and administrators are CIPP registered, appropriate safety personnel are in attendance at each match, at least one club official has coaching certification, that all administrators and all coaches have passed the USA Rugby criminal background check, sideline barriers are in place at all matches, club officials will make reasonable efforts to be in attendance at Alaska Rugby meetings, and that any match cancellation be communicated to the opposing side and referee no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled kick-off. Further, the Club and I accept that failure to meet these expectations may lead to disciplinary sanctions by Alaska Rugby.
- I pledge to ensure that the club has an emergency procedure in place for all practices and matches. Specifically, a telephone, first aid kit and a pertinent player information notebook will be at all club assemblies. Further, printed directions to the nearest emergency medical facility will be available for all members of a visiting team’s group. All coaches and administrators have read and pledge to comply with the USA Concussion Compliance Policy and protocols
- I acknowledge that Alaska Rugby, USA Rugby and match referees have the privilege to amend expectations of clubs and their members as they see fit. Specifically, I agree to abide by any expectation that these rugby-governing entities may communicate to the Club.
Printed Name Date